COVID-19: How SteamMaster is responding
Amidst the Coronavirus outbreak and concerns, SteamMaster has been inundated with calls for cleanup and disinfectant services. We want to share an update on what SteamMaster is doing to keep our customers and employees safe while providing our services.
SteamMaster is following the cleaning and disinfecting guidelines of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are reminding our employees about frequent and thorough hand washing, and we are regularly cleaning and disinfecting our facilities and equipment. SteamMaster encourages social distances and limiting visiting public places with a large crowd. Importantly, we are asking that our management, office staff, and other service technicians stay home if they feel sick. For the latest up-to-date and factual information on the Coronavirus and Covid-19 visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread from person-to-person through respiratory droplets. It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
SteamMaster provides the application of EPA registered disinfectants using various wet fogging applications for both residential and commercial properties.
The CDC states these definitions:
• Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
• Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
SteamMaster Disinfectant Application Services
1. SteamMaster utilizes Fiberlock Technologies’ Shockwave, a trusted disinfectant for Coronavirus (COVID-19), backed by EPA’s List N. (#61178-1-73884)
2. SteamMaster applies disinfectant solutions by wet fogging methods, including Electrostatic application, Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) Fogging, Airless Sprayer, and other cordless applicators.
3. The fogging procedures will focus on high touch point areas agreed upon.
4. The Shockwave application requires a minimum of 10 minutes of dwell time, as specified by the manufacturer’s recommendation. Shockwave has been tested to kill Coronavirus at a rate of 99.99% effectively
5. This service is an application of a disinfectant only and does not include pre-cleaning, post-cleaning, or wiping of individual surfaces.
6. SteamMaster does not provide maid or janitorial services.
7. SteamMaster will not be held liable for any residue, staining, or secondary damage that may be the result of applying the disinfectant per manufacture’s specifications.
8. This procedure will treat surfaces at the time of application but will in no way prevent recontamination.
9. The area must be vacated during any of these wet fogging applications. SteamMaster personnel will be in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the application process.
For more information, please call SteamMaster at 970.827.5555 or